Thursday

[knitting] Double Cable Twist socks - complete!

Done and washed and blocked:

Socks are dooooooone. #knitting #sockknitting


Pattern: Double Cable Twist (Rav link)

Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer, two balls

Needles: US 2 DPNs

Modifications: Accidentally knit the cuff of the first sock over 66 stitches. Not sure how I accidentally cast on less than required but once the pattern for the main leg started, I just increased another 6 stitched to 72. I noted it and remembered to do the same thing for the second sock.

The yarn was great- I encountered no knots in either ball. The glimmer/sparkle effect from the metallic tinsel in the yarn is nice. The finished socks are so soft.

I've gone back to the lodestar mittens and I'm not loving it. They're turning out so small. I'd don't particularly enjoy juggling 4 balls of yarn at once. I'm tempted to rip...

No comments: