Thursday

[knitting] Lace Tam

I had a couple balls of mystery yarn from the Green Mountain Spinnery gifted to me by a co-worker years ago. It a nice, soft wool and each skein went from a natural brown to a natural cream. Here are the balls (wound in inverse to one another):

Mystery Green Mountain Spinnery Yarn


I had an idea. What if I made a tam starting with the dark brown from inside the ball on the left? And then when the brown matched the outside of the ball on the right, I would cut and join. And then finish the tam with the cream in the center top. How would that work out?

Sorry for the poor indoor lighting pictures but here it is:

Lace Tam - Top


Lace Tam - Bottom


Pattern: Lace Tam

Needles: US 6

I like it! I'll block and give it to my mom for Christmas.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I think that's my favorite tam that you've made so far! The lace pattern and the color work nicely together.

Sara said...

That really turned out beautifully! The colors and the pattern work so well together.

Angela said...

Did you have this with you last night?
I really like the lace pattern, this looks great!

Kit said...

What a beauteous tam! I like how well your "experiment" turned out!

gayle said...

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?
Beautiful!