Thursday

[knitting] A few things

I know this is a tad late but here's the finished shrug . It fits nice, it was fast, it's pretty... all in all, I'm very pleased with it...



Here's the front (the back is exactly the same) of a bag I'm knitting using four very pretty skeins of Mountain Mohair from the Green Mountain Spinnery. [Note: The colors in the photo are way off. That ugly gray color in there is actually a really nice pistachio green!]



I was planning on having the bag (pattern from the original Stitch and Bitch) finished by Mother's Day, but I don't think it's not going to happen. Oh sure, I could finish knitting the sides, bottom and straps in time and sew it all together but I'd also like to sew a cloth lining (with pockets) into it as well and since I have no idea how to do that, it might take me a while.

And here are some of the Noro granny crochet blocks... Pretty but scratchy.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Hey, your shrug looks great! I love the color!
I love knitting with Noro Kureyon BUT only for certain projects; it is not cuddly and I could never wear it next to my skin. And it felts so easily that I would hesitate to use it for an afghan, as it might be hard to wash.
However, I am currently making a Ruffles scarf out of Kureyon, and I just love watching the color changes. (This is a decorative scarf, as opposed to a warm scarf, so it will grace my jacket but not my neck!)I love my Booga Bag, too. (Maybe you could use your yarn for one of those instead?)