Thursday

[knitting] I'd rather be knitting...

Goddamn that software training sucked yesterday. I managed to suffer through the morning, but I left during the lunch break to come home. I got all I needed out of it anyway. Plus, what's even better is that I got a really cool, green, GIS notepad. So it wasn't a complete loss.

I mentioned a couple days ago about the fake tree/cell-phone towers. Here it is...



The picture was taken during the drive down I-89S in the morning (at around 7 a.m.) whist speeding along on cruise control. The tree looks completely out of place in a Frakenstein kind of way, right? It just begs the question: What the fuck is wrong with that tree?

As per le knitting, I've nearly finished the front of a graduated rib pillow cover...



I should be able to complete the back this weekend but I'm running dangerously low on the Lamb's Pride yarn. It's going to be close.

The late-and-getting-later-by-the-day Mother's Day bag had been sewn together.



I also machine sewed a green lining...



As for putting the two together... well, heh, I thought I measured correctly, but it seems that the lining is a smidge smaller than the bag so... I don't know what to do. Buy more fabric and get it right the second time? Heh, well, that would cost money now wouldn't it? I'm going to try to loosely sew the lining in and see how it looks (while periodically grouping some extra knit stitches along the top of the bag as I sew along with thread). If that doesn't work, I'm just going to buy my mom a cookbook.

And here's some yarn for a couple upcoming projects. The Alpaca Lite I bought at the Sheep & Wool Festival...



Some Berroco mohair I bought on clearance at my local yarn store and beads I bought at the local craft store to make a shrug with. I've never knit with beads before, so that should be interesting...

1 comment:

Kari said...

Those cell phone towers are AWFUL and attract as much attention as a real tower would. What did Vermont ever decide on teh whole windmill electric tower thing?
And did you go to the awesome yarn store in Concord?