Tuesday

[amy] Geriatric and loving it

This past Saturday was the Revolution Spring Fashion Show. This is the first one I'd ever been to and it was really fun. The Cooler Gallery was completely packed- so packed that I think they need to hold this Fall's Fashion Show in a larger venue. We were able to raise over $1900 from ticket sales and all the proceeds are going to the Youth Managed Cafe. After the show was over, the tables were moved and the dance party began. DJ (VJ?) Trolld was there and even let me spin some of the video he was projecting and mixing. I didn't really know what I was doing and all the controls he was tweeking looked a little... rocket science-y to me.

Sunday I spent sleeping and knitting. I realized that I've got lots of random balls of yarns in my stash, leftover from other projects. I'm not too sure what to do with them but I'm thinking about crocheting them into squares for an afghan or throw. But... Crochet? I haven't crocheted in a year. The last thing I made was a Mother's Day blanket for my mom (which I never see her using, thank you very much), which was just row atop row of double chains. Bo-ring. I can make way more interesting things with a pair of needles than I can with a stupid hook.

But last night after I got home from playing Bridge, I crawled into bed and started going through Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet. I got a spare hank of yarn and tried making one of the Granny Squares, which I had tried to do in the past but failed miserably at. Well, this time I did it without any mistakes! Awesome! The one thing I will say is that crochet goes a lot faster than knitting. I can crochet a 4" by 4" square in 5 minutes but knitting the same swatch would take me 15 minutes.

So... Playing Bridge, crocheting, getting into bed before 10 p.m. ... Am I a 70-year-old woman trapped in a 26-year-old's body? Yesterday afternoon there were a bunch of kids hanging around in the street in front of my apartment and I was tempted to put some curlers in my hair, throw on a apron, grab my broom and chase them all away. Which, ha ha, would actually have been kind of fun.

No comments: