Tuesday

[painting] Mountain Ridge Lake

I've taken several Joy of Painting classes with an instructor certified in the wet-on-wet oil painting technique. I was thrilled to see Hulu add the last few seasons of the show and I started watching episodes. I realized that I hadn't seen the show since I was a kid and watching Bob Ross do the techniques kind of opened my eyes. I ordered all the basic supplies and my sister gave me her easel. I then picked and episode and did my own at home:

Mountain Ridge Lake


This is from Season 23 Episode 3: Mountain Ridge Lake. I was kind of amazed- this is the first time I have ever done a mountain with a palette knife. I followed along with the episode on my iPad, pausing it when I needed more time. This took just over 2 hours.

I've been much happier painting at home, I think because I get to choose the scene I want to do. Dollar said he thinks the paintings I've done at home have been better and I agree. I am so excited about this new hobby and love that I can start and finish a painting in less than three hours, including set-up and clean-up.

No comments: