Thursday

[painting] Abstract 1

Started a new Bob Ross painting last night which quickly went south. I wasn't happy with it but rather than walking away (and wasting all the oil paint I had put onto the palette), I used the knife to drag colors across the canvas:

bob ross painting quickly shit the bed. Turned into an #abstract instead. VoilĂ . #Art.


I'm actually pretty happy with it. I asked Dollar to check out my new painting and when he first saw it, he said, "Whoa, were you angry when you did this?" Hm. Maybe frustrated. But I liked that looking at the painting made him interpret an emotion from it. I'm going to try more abstract paintings.

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

I LOVE this abstract version of a landscape! Definitely keep it. After it dries fully, you could do some sort of line drawing on top to incorporate the background. Brilliant!

Shiela Dixon said...

I really like it too. I get feelings of friendship and optimism from it, not getting the angry. Please do more.