Tuesday

[knitting] Waimakariri socks

Pictures of the finished socks from Round 3 of Sock Madness 10:

waimakariri socks


The pattern is Waimakariri, which is the name of a river in New Zealand. The construction is interesting; toe-up, starting with a cable. Then the cable travels along sides of the foot, then across the ankles and around the leg. The pattern was well-written and clear. It just took a while for me to make the pair, only finding a bit of time here and there to work on them.

waimakariri socks


The fit is perfect for me. The yarn is Wollmeise Pure, 100% superwash merino. I didn't count but I think this yarn is 8-ply? It's insane. Very smooth, round yarn- perfect for cables. These socks feel like perfect, plush sweaters for my feet. I realize why people are so obsessed with this yarn. I may or may not lurk around the online shop tomorrow morning after the next scheduled stock update in Germany.

No comments: