Tuesday

[tv] Battlestar Galactica 2.5

Oh my god, can we please talk about Battlestar Galactica for a moment? I saw the miniseries, season 1 and season 2.0 ages ago. I recently aquired and re-watched them all. Now I'm onto season 2.5, which are all NEW episodes to me.

I will admit that I have perhaps too much of myself invested in this show. When I'm watching, I'm not knitting, Dollar's not talking, NOTHING is interrupting my viewing experience. I've been a tad emotional recently so I've been crying pitifully at all the sad parts.

[Season 2.5 SPOILERS past this point]

I have to say, though, I've been disappointed by a few of the early episodes. I think Rosilin's recovery was a 100% cop-out. I had been preparing since the beginning, since the MINISERIES, to see her go, so I was ready. And now baby cylon blood magically cures her cancer? How dare you emotionally rob me like this, BSG writers!

Apollo's starting to piss me off. All the "issues" he having after his death experience. Who's the crying girl from the flashbacks? What's up with getting involved with a prostitute? Who ARE you, Apollo?

And Gaius, while I do commend you for owning up to your dark side a little bit more, freeing that copy of #6 (when you should have killed her) was a mistake (apart from what happened to Admiral Cain) and your little "present" to her proves just how insane you really are.

UPDATE

I've finished the season. New thoughts:

Dee... How could you? Apollo's a great guy but- cough... Excuse me, something in my throat. Cough... CoughBILLYcough... Ahem. I know Apollo has got big arms and he's been promoted but he'll never love you the way someone else did... CoughBILLYcough.

Speaking of Apollo, as I was getting ready for work this morning, I put on my big, quilted, goose down coat and excessively waddled down the hall toward Dollar, saying, "Look at me, my name is Apollo, I gained weight because I haven't been inside the cockpit of a Viper for a year, ha ha ha, ho ho ho". It's only funny because Jamie Bamber was wearing a fat suit. I think we all know how fit he really is.

Starbuck: Get your shit together. For real, girl.

Gaius: Sigh. What a whimpering, simpering little dictator your turned out to be. You disgust me.

Adama, you're even hotter with that 'stash. Rowr. (P.S. I know you're a cylon.)

# # #

All in all, I think there were a few uneven moments during this half season (baby cylon blood can cure cancer- just want to say it again because it's such b.s.) but the last 20 minutes of the last episode made all my concerns go away. I had to look from the tv to Dollar to the tv to Dollar, with my mouth open, like, "Are you SEEING this? This is incredible! Starbuck has got TERRIBLE hair extensions. Oh yeah, and the cylons are back."

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm just starting to get into that show and OMG! It's so good. I feel the need to use the word "frakking" in my everyday conversations.