Monday

[knitting] We Call Them Pirates

Or, We Call Them Manly Pirates. Or, We Call Them Heavily Modified Pirates.

When I got back from DC, the hat looked like this:


Hemmed brim- so nice and even.



One more skull repeat to go, then decreasing for the crown.


After a couple episodes of Rome and 24, it was done:


All done- Inside



All done- Outside


Pattern: We Call Them Pirates

Yarn: Knit Picks Palette, Black & Ash, less than one ball each used (total cost less than $3.98)

Needles: #1 (Black lining), #2 (rest of the hat)

Modifications: Did five pattern repeats. Did an extra row of skulls. Did a provisional cast-on, knit all of lining up to turning row, knit hat as usual up until I wanted to attach the cast on stitches, pulled those stitches free and put them on an extra needle, knit down those stitches along with the pattern stitches. This was way better than "tacking down" the stitches in the end. I did that for the first iteration of this hat (my pink and white one) but it came out uneven because it was hard maintain sight of a row of purl stitches on the wrong side (with all the stranded yarn getting in the way).

No comments: