The big goal was to plant the large flowerbed that was put in last fall. At the start of the week, it looked like this:
Those are all weeds that need to be pulled up. I spent the first day of vacation weeding all the flower beds; this area is now the largest flower bed of them all.
Here it is 98% weeded, with a few things added:
That green thing in the foreground is an olde-tyme washtub that has been sitting at the edge of the woods forever. There was never any standing water in it, so I knew it drained and would make a nice planter. Dollar and I dragged it over. The bed frame in the back is something that we got from Dollar's mom- more on that later. And I put a whiskey barrel planter up on the tree stump.
I planted a billion plants and mulched:
The flower bed bed. Here you can see just the frame:
I measured the length and width of the inside mattress frame, went to Home Depot and had wood cut to fit. And I bought plain soil. Came home, put it all together:
Needs more soil. And annuals.
And done. Done done done done done done done. Hopefully sun and rain will take care of this bed the rest of the summer because I have too many other things to do.