Monday

[cooking] Pie-nisher

Dollar's favorite comic character is the Punisher. We've both been looking forward to the the new season of Daredevil being released, which features the Punisher. I made a blackberry pie to celebrate:

Pie-nisher!


The words around the outside are latin: Si vis pacem, para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war."

In this case, I've been telling people that it means "If you want a piece of pie, prepare for war." Or, "If you want peace, prepare a pie." Both are true.

Before baking:

Punisher Pie


Made a double crust as normal and rolled out the top and bottom a little larger than normal. I cut away some of the excess and re-rolled to cut out the Punisher skull. I used a pizza cutter to cut thin strips of dough for the letters. I didn't plan spacing too well, so the pacem/bellum words are a little scrunched together.

I brushed the top crust with milk, which made a nice adhesive for the skull and letters. Then I cut away through the eyes for steam to escape. Overall, it was a success!

No comments: