Thursday

[cooking] No-Knead Pizza

I found a new way to do pizza and I'm not going back to the old way:

No knead pizza


A few weeks ago I started to constantly keep a tub of no-knead bread dough in the fridge. I use this recipe strictly for ingredient ratio because it makes a lot. It's easy to keep it on in a plastic tub in the fridge and tear off a hunk now and then. When I do bake a round loaf, I just use a preheated dutch oven (I don't want to futz around with putting in a tray of water into the oven, etc etc).

Anyway, it was pizza night at home and I looked at my tub of no-knead dough in the fridge. Surely I could use that. I found another King Arthur Flour recipe for artisan no-knead pizza crust. It had some good information regarding shaping (don't work the our edge of the dough as you shape it for a nice bubbly crust) but I simplified things further by preheating my pizza stone at 500 and baking the pizza for 10 min at 500 (rather than switching over and using the broiler).

I was astonished at how nice the pizza came out. A waaaaay better crust than the dough I've been making forever in my mini-breadmaker. And now that I practically always have no-knead dough in the fridge, we can have nice pizza like this whenever.

No comments: