Tuesday

[knitting] For Whom the Bell Tolls

Finally, finally, finally finished the Round 5 socks from last year's Sock Madness 9:

For Whom the Bell Tolls


Knee-high kilt hose with a lace fold-over top. At the time I set this project aside last year, I had one sock complete and the cuff done on the other. Essentially all I had left to do of the 2nd sock was the leg/foot. The yarn is a sport weight and I used US 4 needles so the knitting does worth up quickly. I was able to knit the entire leg during my flights to/from DC last week, then it only took a couple evenings to finish the foot. I have multiple sock blockers and used the small size for the foot and turned the medium sizes blockers upside down to continue blocking the calf/cuff.

Pattern is For Whom the Bell Tolls and I don't think it's available any more on Ravelry. The designer was pulling off a rather gigantic charity scam and pretending to be multiple people. The yarn is Reynolds Whiskey, 3 balls, and it's not machine washable so these will be handwash-only.


No comments: