Friday

[trave] Rockies Heli Tour

The last adventure before ending in Calgary and winding down for the trip home was a 12 minute helicopter tour. It was very short but each helicopter can only hold 4 or 6 people and we had a bus load of people to get through.

As we were heading toward one of the helicopters, my group was asked "Who wants to ride co-pilot?" I put my hand up so fast my arm almost flew off. I jumped in next to the pilot and we took off.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Below is the Bow River (I think) where HBO had just been filming a Lewis and Clark miniseries.

Untitled

Untitled

This is the helicopter we rode in:

Untitled

It was pretty awesome. Would definitely do it again.

We continued on to our hotel in Calgary. The city was big and a lot more urban than I thought it would be. We flew out the next day, going through US customs at Toronto- which was a totally convoluted system/set-up. The flights were easy. Air Canada was so much nice than our United flights out. Got home late on Sat night / Sun morning. It was a long trip but we saw and experienced so much. And I got a decent amount of sock knitting done, too.

I'll finally have some knitting and craft stuff to show next week!

No comments: