Friday

[knitting] Baybeh Booties

We had a surprise shower for a knitting friend last night. I knit a pair of booties for the coming girl...

Baby Booties


Pattern: Saartje's Booties

Needles: US 2

Yarn: Jaeger Baby Merino DK (leftover from Odessa)

They're so cute. I love the little bee buttons. So cute. Which makes up for the fact that this is what they looked like after the knitting was complete:

Jellyfish blobs...


Looks like jellyfish blobs. Looks like a lot of sewing. But, I pulled out my trusty copy of Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book (I think if I had to choose "one knitting book for a desert island", this would be it.) and got help on how to sew garter seams and how to make nice, reinforced buttonholes.

Wee little booties are a great way to use leftover yarn and cute buttons... I just want to find a seamless pattern.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I keep coming back to the unfinished photo to figure out just how much I'll hate the sewing. I loved these, they were so cute and squishy, plus with the cross over straps they looked like they would actually stay on a baby. A friend is pregnant, and I'm trying to put a value on her friendship. Do I like her enough to endure all the finishing??? hmm.... dilemas.