Friday

[amy] Sleepwalking?

I think I was sleepwalking the other night. I went to bed before Dollar (like I usually do) and woke up wondering if Murderface the cat was indoors. I must have been dreaming about spinning yarn though, because I got up, opened the door to the game room and saw Dollar on the futon.

AMY: Did... Did... Didn't...

DOLLAR: What?

AMY: ...

DOLLAR: ...

AMY: Is... Didn't... Where...

DOLLAR: Murderface is inside. Is that what you wanted to know?

AMY: Where's my ply?

DOLLAR: Your... what?

AMY: Plah... My plied.

DOLLAR: Plaid?

AMY: My plied yarn.

DOLLAR: ... Your plaid yarn?

AMY: [Frustrated, shuts door and walked downstairs. Sees Murderface curled up on a couch. Mind becomes clear.] Oh. There you are. [Starts to walk back upstairs.]

DOLLAR: [Coming down the stairs] I came to see if you're all right. I think you're sleepwalking.

AMY: I know, ha ha. I wasn't making any sense, right?

DOLLAR: No, you weren't.

AMY: Weird, haha haha. Well... good night.


I laughed myself to sleep about it and through the next few days. I felt like I was awake but I couldn't get my thoughts or my words clear. I said more stuff but I can't remember what now. Huh...

2 comments:

Shelby said...

yeah, sounds like you were having a little sonambular adventure, there...*giggles*

I used to do that as a kid a LOT, but I've grown out of it. I think. I mean, I don't usually have anyone around to tell me that I've been doing weird stuff in my sleep, so maybe I HAVEN'T. That would explain why I keep waking up with dirt under my nails and leaves in hair, huh?

Uhh...I mean...yeahhhhh...

amy said...

Dollar woke me up in the middle of the night this past weekend. There was a lightning/thunder storm and he knows I'm scared of them. So he WOKE ME UP, asked if I was all right, I said, "Wha...?" and spent the rest of the night awake, terrified and hating him.