Monday

[amy] 4th of July weekend

It was a super-busy but super-fun 4th of July weekend. Friday afternoon Dollar and I went to see WALL-E. We both really liked it (I don't think Pixar can make a bad movie).

My sister and I went to see the fireworks that night. I haven't been to see fireworks in years and I wasn't disappointed. It was awesome. During the finale, everyone is cheering and clapping. As soon as the fireworks stop, everyone grabs their blankets or chairs and makes a mad dash to their cars to get out of the parking lot. It was insane. Luckily, we were late to arrive so we were one of the first ones out.

Saturday my sister and I took a trip with our mom to Franconia Notch State Park. On our way there, we saw:

A Bear!


A bear! We were like, "What kind of dog is that... Holy cow, it's a baby bear!" I rolled down the window and snapped as many pictures as I could:

A Bear!


A Bear!


We got to The Flume Gorge at the main visitor's center just after 9 am and we were the 5th car in the parking lot. We went on the easy 1.5 mile walk around the flume:

The Flume


The Flume


The Flume


The Flume


The Flume


The Flume


The Flume


The Flume


The Flume


The Flume


It was about noon by the time we came back out and the parking lot was PACKED. People were everywhere. There were probably only a dozen people around us while we were in the woods but there must have been 700 in there by time we finished. I can't imagine that would be very fun so I recommend you get there right when it opens at 9 am.

We had a nice picnic lunch and then went up the road to take the tramway to the top of Cannon Mountain:

Mt. Cannon


It was pretty crowded at the top but such a nice, amazingly clear day we could see all the way back to Vermont and the Upper Valley.

I was fairly beat by the time we got home. I think I just puttered around the house, doing some knitting and watching old Scrubs episodes with Dollar.

Sunday we drove down to the Claremont cinemas to see Hancock with my sister and her boyfriend. None of us liked it. It was an interesting idea but... I just wasn't emotionally invested in any of the characters. WALL-E, an animated robot, had more character and interest than anyone in Hancock.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Fun! We wanted to see Wall-E but ended up forgoing it in favor of Kung Fu Panda instead, because it was right at the Fairlee drive-in. It was ok...but not super good like a Pixar movie. ;)

Awesome pictures of the flume. I love it over there!