Friday

[gardening] Dianthus "Bath's Pink"

Dianthus "Bath's Pink"

Sweet little pink star-shaped Dianthus called "Bath's Pink." Received some of this last year from a friend's garden- I thought it was just going to be a thick mat of silvery foliage. I was happy to see the pretty flowers this year. It seems to have taken hold where I put it, so I'm just going to let it go and spread where it may.

I have a lush line of another dianthus- sweet william- that I winter sowed two winters ago. Last year there were no blooms, which wasn't a surprise. They are a biennial, spending one year growing and the next year blooming. I'm not sure what to expect next year- whether they will come back or if it will self seed. I can't think about it now- they are just starting to open and I want to enjoy them as much as possible!

No comments: