Tuesday

[cooking] Pork - two ways

I had a large pork loin that I cooked last week:

Untitled

I cut it open/flat and put in a stuffing of bacon, onions, apple, pecans, raisins, panko, chicken stock. I rolled it up, tied it up and roasted it in the oven. The fat cap on top basically turned into homemade pork rinds. So good. Next time I make this, I will pound the meat flat between sheet of plastic wrap to even it out. 

We had a lot of leftovers, though. I chopped the loin (stuffing and all) into chunks and then minced everything in a food processor. I mixed in a handful of chives and bake it all in a pie:

Pork pie

I loved this. The taste reminded me of the cupcake-tin pork pies that I used to make a lot. This was so much easier to prepare.

Pork pie

My only complaint is that it was a bit dry. I would add a cup of apple sauce to the minced filling next time or serve with apple sauce on the side.

No comments: