Friday

[embroidery] Three new hankies

Dollar's handmade Christmas gifts were a little late but the did get finished:

New embroidered hankies for Dollar. The one with thistles is an homage to Braveheart.

Iron-on patterns from Sublime Stitching. The one with thistles I made as an homage to the handkerchief that William Wallace keeps with him his entire life in the movie Braveheart.

The hankies themselves are organic, cotton and a heavier fabric than most others I've seen but they're still too delicate. I'm looking for rugged, white cotton handkerchiefs. If anyone has a good source, please let me know. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This website has some flannel and cotton handkerchiefs. Maybe you could email them to see if they have the heavyweight cotton you are looking for:

http://organichandkerchiefs.com/

Or look the product up on Amazon.com and check out the reviews.

Note: I have nothing to do with this company and I have never
purchased handkerchiefs for myself.

I just thought I would do a good deed today by looking online for you.

Good Luck!

amy said...

Ha ha! Those are the ones I ordered! They're very nice, soft. I'm still looking for a bit more rugged- almost like a light canvas.