Wednesday

[travel] Madonna Inn

We stopped at the craziest place on our way up to Cambria. The Madonna Inn. Doesn't look too crazy, right?

Madonna Inn

Madonna Inn

But inside:

Madonna Inn

This is the dining room:

Madonna Inn

Madonna Inn

I went to use the women's room:

Madonna Inn

The tour director told us that there was something wild and wacky in the men's room, so another woman and I went in to see:

Madonna Inn

The secret was that as soon as you stand at the urinal, a waterfall starts to flow down the back wall of rocks (which, I presume, you're... meant to... pee into?).

This was my kind of place. For real, I wish we had something like this close-by (if we do, please tell me), but I think there's only room enough for one place like this in the universe. Check out their rooms- I love Caveman and Vous. Harvard Square would feel like you're staying in someone's basement, right? I'm going to take all my home decorating ideas from all these room! 

I didn't have nearly enough time here to look around and fully appreciate the deranged floral flamboyancy of it all, but I did bring a piece of it home- I bought one of their goblets, which is currently one of my most prized possessions. I feel like a queen when I drink from it. An unapologetically ostentatious queen.

No comments: