Tuesday

[local] Tunbridge Fair 2012

This was the first year that I entered items into the Tunbridge World's Fair. I entered many: a cardigan, hat, mittens, scarf, pillow, shawl, pot holders, muffins and necklace. I went to the fair on Sat with my sister and looked for everything to see what ribbons I had won. I found this, that, another... but where was my shawl? I walked up and down the row of knitted and crocheted items but couldn't find it.

I missed it when I first walked into the hall. It was hanging on the wall by the entrance:

Tunbridge Fair 2012

Best in Show. It has a Best in Show ribbon on it. I was like, "OMG... OMG..." and fanning my eyes because I was tearing up a little. I couldn't believe it. I was so happy and pleased and grateful. I don't know how I'll top that next year.

One category that I wouldn't want to enter is the quilt class. All of the quilts were stunning. I tried to make a quilt once and I couldn't even get corners to line up. 

Tunbridge Fair 2012

Tunbridge Fair 2012

There's are lots of fun crafts and veggies to see, too:

Tunbridge Fair 2012

Tunbridge Fair 2012

Tunbridge Fair 2012

We got some ice cream and headed up to the grandstand to watch the cavalcade:

Tunbridge Fair 2012

Tunbridge Fair 2012

I picked up all my items on Sunday evening. Here they are at home (the two mugs say World's Fair Tunbridge and were a special gift for winning Best in Show):

Tunbridge Fair 2012

The blue ribbon on the yellow card is for my muffins - Triple Maple Muffins. Next year I want to enter Corn Muffins, so I better start practicing. 

No comments: