Thursday

[knitting] Cat Hoodie

I finally got around to making Penny's sweater:

Cat Hoodie

Pattern: Cat Hoodie

Yarn: Jarbo Garn Raggi in blue marl, brown marl. Some off white Mountain Mohair.

Needles: US 10

Cat Hoodie

I didn't make any sleeves because I ran out of yarn. I was using leftovers from socks that I made for Dollar years ago. I even had to substitute in some Mountain Mohair to do the ribbed trim around the neck and hood.

I'm not sure if the designer's cat is a Maine Coon, but it's definitely a long-haired cat. Penny is short-haired and only a year old, so still kind of small. This hoodie mostly fits but the v-neck area is way to large for her:

Cat Hoodie

I don't know... something about it reminds me of the SNL Digital Short: Andy Samberg vs. Ben Stiller V-Neck Battle.

Because of the loose neck and no sleeves, it's easy for Penny to just walk out of it. I might add and button and crochet a loop to close up the neck a little more.

Cat Hoodie

Cat Hoodie

I decided to try it on Murderface because he's bigger:

Cat Hoodie

Aww, it looks so cute on him, but you'd think I draped a lead x-ray smock on him or something. I put it on and he fell over. Well, first he hid under the bed and then flopped over. I was like, "Murderface, it's just a sweater. I didn't tie you down with bricks."

Cat Hoodie

He only wore it for a couple minutes.

I didn't even try to put it on Santana because I like my blood inside my body.

2 comments:

Natalie J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie J said...

Ah! Not sure what happened to my comment...trying again.

Anyway, I was saying that I love the sweater and glad that they fuzzy ones let you keep your limbs while modeling it on them! :)