Wednesday

[misc] Koi Pond

Snow day! Blizzard number I've-lost-count is in full swing outside. I finally uploaded pictures of the puzzle that my sister cut for me for Christmas. It's called Koi Pond:

Koi Pond


The easiest pieces have been put together here- the actual Koi fish and lily pads.

Koi Pond


What remains are the blue pieces. I have them separated into light blue, medium blue, dark blue.

Koi Pond


At this point I like to put the large chunks together and start to see how/where they fit together:

Koi Pond


Eventually, voila!

Koi Pond


Alas:

Koi Pond


A missing piece!! !&*$*&%^^(*!&@(!!! I only worked on this puzzle in two places. I didn't find it in the dining room, so it must be in the craft room when I was first working on a portable tray. Ugh, I hope it turns up when we pack for the move because the missing piece is killing me.

The puzzle is beautiful and clever and interesting. Here's a kitty fishing:

Koi Pond


A kitty playing with cattails:

Koi Pond


Some pieces that together make a butterfly:

Koi Pond


Two dragonflies:

Koi Pond


And a sculpt (which I will swear up and down that my sister told me wasn't in the puzzle but she swears she never said that):

Koi Pond


These are so hard to put together but they create such a nice effect once you see it.

There are some nice kitty (and Murderface) pieces as well:

Koi Pond


Koi Pond


Awesome puzzle. I just hope I find that missing piece!

No comments: