Tuesday

[knitting] Heaven on Earth

Not letting something like being unable to complete 10 shawls in 2010 dissuade me, I signed up for 11 shawls in 2011. Here is the first of the year unblocked:

Heaven Shawl


And apres the transformation:

Heaven on Earth shawl


Pattern: 198 yds of Heaven. This is the 3rd time I've done this pattern. It's a good pattern :)

Needles: US 7 (4.5mm)

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock DK, Java, one skein

Notes: Made more repeats of the pattern to use up all the yarn and meet minimum yardage requirements for the project.

This yarn was really nice. I got it ages ago at The Yarn and Fiber Company in Derry, NH. It is 100% superwash merino, so it's not scratchy around the neck at all. The colors are very earthy as well:

Heaven on Earth close


Which is why I'm calling this one Heaven on Earth.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is beautiful - and that pattern is next on my needles.