Wednesday

[knitting] Amazing Cowl

I had seen some pictures of a pretty cowl around Ravelry since early December. It seems like the designer has got dozens and dozens of pattern testers making the prettiest cowls. I'm not sure if the pattern is going to be free or not, but I wanted to make one. So I did:

Inspira Inspiration cowl


Pattern: My own. Cast on 112 st on US 11 needles. Knit, purl, knit. Start corrugated ribbing and stagger after 6 rounds. Switching down needle sizes as I go to narrow the cowl.

Needles: US 11, 10.5, 9, 7

Yarn: Lion Brand Amazing in Aurora and Wildflowers. This yarn sucked. Seriously. It's soft but snaggy and it's a nightmare to rip out (so you better hope you make all your stitches right the first time). I wouldn't recommend this yarn and I won't use it again.

I don't know, maybe that's too harsh. I was using my Knit Picks Options needle set to knit this and the needles have quite pointy tips (which I like). Maybe the yarn is more suited for blunter-tipped needles. Clovers? Addi Turbos?

But it's a pretty cowl :)

3 comments:

Shelby said...

It's beautiful!

Sara said...

Beautiful...this is the second time in a few days that I've heard about corrugated ribbing! I need to try that...

Natalie J said...

That's really pretty. I love how the colors work together.