Tuesday

[knitting] Capucines

I found a pattern that was so easy and cute, I couldn't stop making them:

Capucine Hat


Pattern: Capucine

Yarns:

- Purple hat on the left used Cascade Yarns Pastaza
- Beige hat in the middle used Knit Picks Decadence (discontinued), and Rowan Kidsilk Haze (both carried together)
- Dark gray hat on the right used Cascade Yarns Lana Bamboo and Madil Yarns Kid Seta (both carried together)

Needles: Purple used US 8 but the hat came out too small for me, so I went up to a US 10 for the next two.

This was such an easy and fun pattern. You work back and forth for the ribbing and garter sections, then join to work in the round for the stockinette section. I particularly like this pattern because I wear my hair tied in a ponytail at the nape of my neck and the construction of this hat allows for the ponytail to be out in open.

The finishing wasn't bad- making the tassels was fun. I omitted the tassels at the back of the hat.

Capucine 1 w/tassels


Capucine 2 w/tassels


Capucine 3 w/tassels


This is a great project for ~110 - 120 yds of chunky yarn.

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is adorable...

gayle said...

You always find the best hat patterns! Love them all...