Friday

[knitting] Little Arrowhead Shawl

Back in 2010 I participated in the 10 Shawl in 2010 challenge. Well, I only finished 9 (the 10th one is sitting on a pair of needles, guilt-tripping me every time I happen to glance in it's general direction). This is the 8th:

Arrowhead Shawl


Pattern: Little Arrowhead Shawl (rav link)

Needles: US 7

Yarn: Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend (30% silk, 70% Merino Extrafine Wool), purple, two skeins

This is a very lacy pattern so I was able to get a decently sized small shawl from just 300 yards.

Blocked:

Arrowhead shawl


Poor, blue-ish winter lighting doesn't really show off the true purples. This close up is better:

Arrowhead close


I liked this yarn. Would love it if they offered it in 100gram skeins. This yarn is practically identical to Malabrigo Silky Merino in terms of appearance, grist, yardage. The only difference appears to be percentages of silk to wool (51% Silk, 49% Merino) and the Malabrigo tends to be a little bit less expensive. But I'm not sure where you'd get it around here. The Manos Silky Blend is available at the Northern Nights Yarn Shop in Norwich, VT.

No comments: