Tuesday

[hiking] Holt's Ledge

Went up Holt's Ledge on Sunday. Most of my hikes have been either short or not too steep. While this one was still short (just over 2 miles), it's the steepest one I've done this year, gaining > 1000 feet. Not too impressive but it's a start. My goal is to do Franconia Notch by the end of the summer, which will be an elevation gain of > 3800 feet.

Anyway, Holt's Ledge was good. Not too muddy. You follow the Appalachian Trail up to fine views and, yes, a precipitous ledge.

Holt's Ledge


I loved these branches:

Holt's Ledge


The view was awesome:

Holt's Ledge


Holt's Ledge


Holt's Ledge


At the top is one of Dartmouth Skiway's lifts. And there was still snow at the top!

Holt's Ledge


The walk back down was easy (but muddy) down one of the Skiway's trails:

Holt's Ledge


After hiking two days in a row, I'm a little limpy. I'm actually glad it's supposed to be a rainy week. I can stay inside and knit.

1 comment:

Sara said...

What a nice view - and a great hike. I love that you show me so many areas that can be accessed by foot!