Friday

[knitting] Matchy-matchy

Lotus Hat


Pattern: Lotus

Yarn: Classic Elite Renaissance Heathered

Needles: US 8 (5 mm)

Lotus Hat


Pattern: Lotus

Yarn: Classic Elite Lush

Needles: US 8 (5 mm)

I loved this pattern. I want to make it 12 more times. It uses less that 50 grams of worsted weight yarn (perfect for those random single skeins I have). The pattern grows out from the ribbing (love that) and even the decreases at top are pretty. I'm going to keep the purple one as a beanie and eventually block the angora one around a large dinner plate, to see how it looks as a tam.

These hats go with the cabled cowls I recently made. The purple is an exact match (used the same yarn) but the light blue one is not... but it's close enough.

2 comments:

gayle said...

Beautiful! I just went and looked at the pattern - love the way the top resolves. No wonder you want to make lots more!

Alice said...

Love these! Thanks for pointing me to the awesome pattern too!