Friday

[vermont] The Winter of My Discontent

Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious summer by nothing. Certainly not MORE SNOW.



Please consider what a tragedy this weather is. It weighs heavily on my mind.

"The closer a man approaches tragedy the more intense is his concentration of emotion upon the fixed point of his commitment, which is to say the closer he approaches what in life we call fanaticism." - Arthur Miller

Fanatic? Me?



Perhaps. But snow/slush/sleet/rain is all I can see. And suffer. But don't just empathize for my sake. Think of the poor birds. I heard them chirping a couple weeks ago. Where are they? Frozen? Starving? THINK OF THE BIRDS!



I don't even like birds.

"It often happens that the real tragedies of life occur in such an inartistic manner that they hurt us by their crude violence, their absolute incoherence, their absurd want of meaning, their entire lack of style." - Oscar Wilde



It could almost be a comedy if it weren't so tragic. I am laughing, albeit somewhat hysterically, at the thought that spring and summer will never come. We are now living in snowy Narnia and the White Witch (nee Mother Nature) rules with an icy fist. Yeti will come down from the mountains and play checkers with me. Snowmen are my new best friends. Ice sandwiches. Shovel slushy icicles snow bear... Meds... Kicking in... ZZzz...

5 comments:

Christie said...

It's awfully pretty, tho.

Shelby said...

it's not pretty enough to make it ok, damn it!!!

Kelly said...

We sort of lucked out of that storm and mostly got rain. Hopefully spring will be here soon!

Angela said...

Oh wait, you thought Spring was here?
I'm done with this white stuff too, bring on the heat.

Angela said...

As much as this past weekend's storm sucked, it cleared most if not all the snow and dirt away :-) And the forecast is looking promising for this weekend... vroom vroom!!