Thursday

[knitting] Socks: Cascade 220 Superwash

Finished the Cascade 220 Superwash pair:



I don't know yet how the yarn washes and wears but the yarn is on Webs' list of anniversary sale knitting yarns, so I may have to pick up a new color (or two or three) this Saturday.

I asked Dollar if he wants to give this brand new pair to his visiting brother (Little D) instead of keeping it for his selfish self. He said sure, but the more he thought about it, the more he thinks his brother has smaller feet than him. This is only because he's having second thoughts about giving them away. We'll find out this weekend.

I cast on for a new pair:



Instead of the boring (and slow-going) 1x1 ribbing for the leg, I'm doing some cables. The knitting is much faster because the only difficult part (the actual cabling) is performed every 4 rounds. Still not sure whether I'll continue the cables along the instep.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I like the way those cable socks of yours are looking. The color is great too!

Kelly said...

I'd have a hard time giving up handknit socks too! Love how those cables are coming out on the sock.