Wednesday

[amy] Bring the pain

So tired and sore. Monday night was a good day with the trainer- worked my back, triceps and biceps. I used to be completely spent 40 minutes into our sessions, but now I'm like, "Come on, I want my hour's worth! Let's go! What's next?!" After being given heavy (okay, only 10lbs each) dumbbells and told to do 15 bicep curls, I did them and said, "Whew, that was-" but was immediately told to sit back and do 15 hammer curls. I could only do 12 for the next set. And the last set? One... Two... Three.. Fou... Fffooou... Come on, get that hand above the elbow... FFFFOOOOOUUUU...

The trainer, exhibiting a rare moment of compassion, told me that my body was fatigued and to stop there. Then she smiled (I saw fangs! I swear!) and said "You're going to be sore tomorrow... HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!" Does she even need to remind me? I haven't stopped being sore since I started seeing her months ago.

Last night Dollar and I brought supper outside (mmm, beef tenderloin, salad with balsamic vinaigrette, sautéed snow peas) and I said, "My guns are so huge now, I accidentally ripped through the arms of one of my t-shirts today." I think one of the reasons he likes me so much is that I can make a ridiculous statements like this with a straight face. Plus, I'm insane enough to believe that events I only imagined actually happened. I continued, "Someone asked me to lift something up and I was like, 'Okay' but when I lifted it, I ripped through my shirt like The Hulk... It was very embarrassing."

Soon. Soooooon...

3 comments:

Joan said...

That is so funny! Well, not the pain part but the "ripped my shirt with my guns" part. LOL.

Shelby said...

see...when I act like things I imagined are actually true, people try to organize interventions...

...that doesn't really seem fair.

Angela said...

I saw a commercial this weekend where this happened, and all I could think of was you.

I tried to pull the joke off but I was just laughed at.... Evidently it's obvious that I'm not in the shirt ripping stage...hmm. Must find new trainer. :-)