Monday

[misc] Passing through

I just had the oddest conversation with someone in my backyard. It's dark out and I see a silhouette come from the convenience store. It's a man and he's carrying a plastic grocery sack in each hand. He's walking across a grass lot towards me. He'll have to navigate through a few trees before he's too close. As he approaches, I say, "Hello?" He keeps on walking. "Hello?" I call again when he emerges from the trees. He stops. "Hello?" he says.

"Who's there?"

"Shawn."

"Hi, Shawn. I'm Amy."

"Hello," he says.

"I just wanted to know who was coming through," I explain.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I scare you?"

I chuckle. "No, I saw you coming."

"I just wanted to take a shortcut."

"That's fine. I just wanted to know who was coming through."

"Okay." He makes a step to keep going.

"All right."

And out of view, into my driveway he went. I spent the next few minutes imagining all the different ways I could have taken him in a fight. He wouldn't have been able to attack me, since his hands are full and even if he tried, I saw him coming from a mile away- I was totally ready to crack my beer bottle over his skull. I totally could have taken him.

1 comment:

Mark Sasahara said...

Amy's Kung Fu is strong!