Wednesday

[knitting] Waiting to Hurry Up

Or, hurry up and wait? Or just plain hurry? I'm trying to knit as fast as I can. I seamed the Valentino Bag, stuffed some fabric in for a pretend lining, put the strap near the top of the bag and wrote out a very rough pattern on graph paper.

 


I'm going to try to write the directions out more clearly (right now, the complete instructions for the bag total a mere 8 sentences) and put the pattern into an Excel spreadsheet tomrrow (Thursday) night. I have to head over to a friend's place to let him use my Apple laptop. Since the thing is slower than molasses and I'll probably be there for a while, I'm got to lock myself in one of his rooms and use my Dell laptop to type the pattern out for real.

In the meantime, today is Ram's birthday (Happy Birthday!) and I'm trying to finish a pair of mittens for him to bring down to Northampton Friday. The day after tomorrow. The only way I'll finish them in time is if I knit during Bookclub tonight...

No comments: