Thursday

[knitting] Bed socks

Last night I wore handknit socks to bed for the first time this fall:

First night sleeping in wool socks. Went for the Frankensocks. #knitting #sockknitting #frankensocks


I really don't wear my handknit socks with shoes. Maybe with slippers around the house but I definitely don't just run around the bare floors with them. I've mended or thrown away too many of Dollar's handknit socks due to blown-out heels and toes. For his socks, I don't mind making more- they are worsted-weight plain vanilla socks and quick to work up. My handknit, fingering weight, patterned socks are usually only worn in bed or when I'm lounging. They'll last longer that way.

Still working on a pair of mittens. They really shouldn't be taking this long but my knitting mojo is low. I got out all my weaving equipment and watched some refresher videos and tried direct-warping... but the warping peg fell off the thing I attached it to halfway through and I felt all "F you, F me, F this, FML, F everything". I just need to practice weaving more. I want to do it but I just need a better process and more practice.

No comments: