Friday

[cooking] Pork Pie

Made a pork pie last night. The dough and filling:

I love you, food processor. Chopped pork chops, potato, onion and apples for the filling in two minutes.


The dough is 50% butter, 50% bacon fat. The filling was a breeze to bring together with my food processor. I chopped up raw pork chops, onion, potato, apples (picked from outside) in a minute. Then I mixed it up with some cooked bacon, salt, pepper, sage, Worcestershire sauce and a little boiled cider.

Patted it all unto the pie, covered and cut a piggy face:

Pork pie


Baked at 425 for 15 min then 375 for 50 min.

The finished pie:

Pork pie so good, even the pig is drooling. 🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷


Was good but maybe needs work. Dollar said there wasn't much pork taste to it. I think next time, I might cook the pork chops in a pan first and then chop it. When I make these meat pies, I usually use leftover pork loin or roast beef, which probably has more flavor than the raw meat.

No comments: