Tuesday

[knitting] Banana Cat Hat

Our cat Santana has several nicknames, one of which is "Santana Banana". When I bought the book Cats in Hats, I was delighted to see a Banana Hat.

Working on Santana's Halloween costume

It is ridiculous. Absurd. I had to make it. It only took one hour on Sunday morning to whip up. The base is knit, then the banana is knit, stuffed and attached. Santana was napping peacefully upstairs in her pillow cave. I woke her up to try on the hat:

Santana's Banana hat

She loves it!

She loves her new hat

She probably thought she was still asleep but having a nightmare. She turned her back to me, wedged her head between the pillows and froze.

Santana
"Wake up, wake up, wake up. This isn't happening."

I took the hat off, rebuilt the pillow fort around her and let her go back to sleep. But it was totally worth it.

Banana Cat Hat

It is silly and phallic looking. But I'm building up a tidy little collection of cat hats. Perhaps I'll make enough to create a personal calendar in the future.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Ha! Oh, poor thing. How we do torture our long-suffering kitties. Thanks for a good morning laugh!