Tuesday

[cooking] Blueberry Frozen Yogurt

Homemade blueberry frozen yogurt. Tastes like summer! #blueberryyumyum


Recipe

2 cups blueberries
1/2 cup sugar

2 cups vanilla greek yogurt

Simmer blueberries and sugar on stove top until sugar is dissolved, mashing the blueberries a bit as they cook down. Let cool to room temp; chill in fridge overnight.

In a blender, puree blueberry mixture and yogurt. Pour into ice cream maker and make as normal.

Cooking the blueberries first and pureeing them makes for a nice, smooth fro-yo. This wasn't chunky at all, which I liked. I used Cabot Vanilla Greek Yogurt- it has vanilla bean seeds you can see in it. This was an easy, three ingredient, low fat recipe. I will probably try this again with strawberries.

1 comment:

Wendy / Cabot said...

I <3 this - sweet and simple and I bet it tastes great! Thanks for the Cabot love!