Monday

[misc] Santana Monday

Santana


This weekend was perfect weather. I cleaned out the garage. And I mean: Cleaned. It. Out. I put together a new shelving unit, rearranged things, swept it all out. 

Worked on the firepit more- adding more rocks around the outside. It's... actually starting to look nice! 

While I was at home depot, getting more cement and mortar for the firepit, I bought a 2' x 4' pegboard. I'm trying to come up with a large-scale cross stitch design for it. I think I'm erring more towards an 8-bit Super Mario design. I need to go through all the colors of yarn I have, I really don't want to have to buy new yarn for this project.

I crocheted a cute little gnome. I'm trying to come up with fast knit/crochet projects. I spent most of the month working on one sock. I didn't have enough yarn to finished the toe so I did what I thought would be a good idea- I tried to take it from the cuff, where I cast on and started the sock. Except (and I don't know why I didn't know this) yarn doesn't just unravel easily from that direction. In fact, it doesn't unravel at all. The cuff went from kind of messed-up to really messed-up to OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?! I took a couple bracing shots of whiskey and then unraveled the whole sock. (The whiskey helps prevent tears in situations like this.) I put the yarn away and started looking for smaller/easier projects.

No comments: