Wednesday

[knitting] Colvert Cowl


Colvert cowl

Pattern: Covert (rav link)

Yarn: 50% angora/50% cormo handspun.

Angora and Cormo

Needles: US 7

Notes: Pretty cowl! Did the pattern exactly as written. It calls for ~260 yards of aran weight yarn. I had ~280 yard of my handspun. I think my uneven yarn was a lighter weight than aran, so my finished cowl is only 40 inches in circumference (rather than 47") after blocking. Not quite long enough to loosely wrap around my neck twice. If I were to do this pattern again, I'd add one or two extra pattern repeats for a deeper cowl. And it wouldn't even be a chore- this was a fun, interesting, easy pattern to make. I would happily make it again.

Penny helps me with the photoshoot:

Colvert cowl

3 comments:

Sava said...

It's beautiful! That's a shame that it's the wrong size but it still looks lovely.

happycat1 said...

Hi, I just found your blog through Wendy Knits. You have such nice posts and I love your pictures! Can I ask what kind of camera you use? The rez is really clear!

amy said...

For the most part I use a point-and-click (and super old) Canon Powershot G7. I like it for everyday pics and macro shots.

Chances are, the really good pics on my blog are from a Canon EOS 5D. It's a big, cumbersome camera but I love the pictures that it takes with the wide-angle lense. You get to fit a lot into frame. And it makes the kitties look so soft and cute :)