Tuesday

[knitting] Sirle

Finished up a new hat:

Sirle hat

Pattern: Sirle (rav link)

Yarn: Reynolds Hopscotch (discontinued), white, two balls

Needles: US 6

Notes: This yarn is a thick-and-thin 100% wool. It's listed as worsted weight, but the thickness ranges from fingering to worsted. I specifically wanted to use this yarn for a kind of nubbly, more "homemade" look to the hat. It actually looks more like I used handspun yarn.

Sidle hat

The only change I made to the pattern was to omit the short-row shaping in the brim. As written, the brim is shaped longer in the front than the back, for ease of wear/slouch. But this means you'd have to put the hat on "right" and can only wear it one way. I have a couple hats with a seam and I don't really like having to look for this seam before putting on the hat. This is not a big deal and only takes about two seconds to find, but I just personally prefer to just grab a hat and put it on.

No comments: