Thursday

[cooking] Cinnamon Rolls

The theme this weeks is "spirals". Yesterday I shared the snow rollers I found. Today I'm posting about cinnamon rolls. 

I just made my regular dough in the mini Zo. Mixed up some cinnamon sugar. Had some soft butter at room temp. Sewing thread to cut the rolls.

Cinnamon Rolls

Pushed out the dough with my hands:

Cinnamon Rolls

Smear the surface with one tablespoon of butter. Cover with cinnamon sugar.

Cinnamon Rolls

I could probably just bake that and call it a cinnamon sugar pizza. I didn't get pictures of the next part, but I rolled this up into a log length-wise. I used the sewing thread to cut the rolls. It actually broke- I need to a heavier weight thread next time. I think dental floss is usually suggested for cutting but I only have mint flavored floss.

Here are the rolls right after cutting:

Cinnamon Rolls

I let them rise for an hour: 

Cinnamon Rolls

Uhhhhh... Maybe I let them rise too long. And maybe I nestled them too close together in the pan. And maybe I overcrowded the pan. And maybe I'll do better next time.

All baked up:

Cinnamon Rolls

Easy, cheap treats to pick away at during the weekend.

No comments: