Thursday

[knitting] Red Cabled Scarf

Red cable scarf


Pattern: Manitou Passage Scarf (rav link)

Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted, Ravelry Red, 2.3 skeins

Needles: US 9

Notes: I modified the pattern. As written, the scarf is made of three 16-stitch cables, with a 3-stitch garter edge. I made mine to be four 12-stitch cables with no garter edge. 

Red cable scarf

Work the cables every 12 rows. I worked two 12-stitch cables on row 6. Then the other two on row 12. And then you kind of get the staggered cables effect. I like it. After a nice block, the cables are smooth and flat. It pains me to give this away but it's a fairly late Christmas present to someone who received the cabled red hat and mittens.

It's hard to tell but this project is ALL ribbing. ALLLLLLLL ribbing. I am so thankful that I learned to knit continental.

7 comments:

Sava said...

I think eliminating the garter edge was a good choice. It looks so much more fluid this way.

Lorenzo O C. said...

If you've got an Apple iPad -- the Ravelry bookmarklet can easily be setup in mobile Safari. Lets you get content into Ravelry very easily while browsing.

Patricia said...

Beautiful!

Pirate Dixie said...

DO you sell your wares somewhere? I am drooling over this scarf, the hat and the mittens. You have incredible talent.

amy said...

No, I don't sell my stuff anywhere. At the moment. I've thought of making a pile of hats and selling them at farmer's markets and the like but for now, I like making stuff and giving it to friends and family.

Amy said...

That is the most beautiful scarf ever. EVER! I'm adding it, along with the mittens and hat, to my list of possible Christmas projects for this year.

Anonymous said...

Your scarf is so beautiful.
I wonder if you can help me with the pattern?

When you do row 6 and 12, do you mean to put the first 6 stitches on a cable needle in front of work, work 6, work 6 from cable needle 4 times?

Thank-you.