Tuesday

[spinning] Ishkur

Here's the other 8oz bundle of Corriedale pencil roving I had from Crown Mountain Farms:

Crown Mountain Farms Corriedale Pencil Roving


I thought about doing a 3-ply, but after Black Sun took so. fricking. long. I just went for a 2-ply:

Ishkur


I'm having "morning after" regret. I like this 2-ply, but I don't love it. I think I might have loved a 3-ply. I'm kicking myself in the butt for being too lazy to do a 3-ply. Ugh. I can't help thinking that I ruined perfectly good fiber, you know? Like, you buy all these nice foods and groceries, then dump them all in a pot together and quickly boil it. It's done but... You could have done better.

Ishkur


I like pencil roving but I'm not sure I'll order more dyed fiber from Crown Mountain Farms. The color application is not even and as I'm spinning, I've noticed that some colors present earlier will be missing for a good long while (this happened with both Ishkur and Black Sun). So far, I think the best pencil roving is Louet Northern Lights- consistent color and it drafts like butter.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Your spinning is really coming along beautifully! Keep it up!