Wednesday

[knitting] Button Hat

I finished the March selection for Hat Club early:

Button Hat


Pattern: Robin's Egg Blue Hat

Needles: US 10 (6 mm)

Yarn: Lion Brand Lion Wool, Dark Teal, leftovers from my felted clogs.

Notes: The yarn is worsted weight and I held it double in an attempt to get gauge. I was close. The finished measurement for the hat as written is 20 inches around and mine is probably closer to 22 or 23 inches. For the band of the hat, you work back and forth on straight needles and seeing all those stitches was a nerve-wracking. You do bind off 12 stitches for the button tab but still. I guess hats always look smaller on 16 inch circular needles.

I got the button at Joann's. I wanted a 2 inch button but the largest one that I liked was 1.75 inches. It's wooden and very pretty with a sculpted flower in the middle.

1 comment:

gayle said...

You're on a roll with nifty hats! Another very pretty project.
I think hats are my favorite thing to knit. And the best part is you only have to knit one and you're done, unlike socks and mittens... 8)