Tuesday

[knitting] Wavy Seas

Wavy Feathers Cowl


Pattern: Wavy Feathers Wimple

Yarn: Jojoland Melody, one ball

Needles: US 6

I bought two balls of Melody in a calming Caribbean colorway and the cowl only took one (although I was only able to repeat the pattern 3.5 times rather than 4 as written). I'm going to see if I can exchange my second blue ball (I'm sorry but... hahahhahahhhaha) for one in a different color. This was a surprisingly fast project to knit. I managed to block the cowl around the outside of a cardboard box.

In retrospect, I think this pattern would have worked best with a solid or semi-solid yarn. While I wouldn't call the color changes stark, they are noticeable. I don't know, do the stripes add depth or detract from the lace? I guess one good thing is that it helps to hide mistakes :)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I think it's lovely. I think the waves of the cowl and the watery blue of the yarn complement each other nicely.

gayle said...

I agree with Nicole - I was going to say the same thing. Ocean depths, and all that.
The cowl is just stunning...