Wednesday

[knitting] Diagonal Cross-Rib Socks

I finished socks for Dollar:

Diagonal Cross-rib Socks


Pattern: Diagonal Cross-Rib Socks by Ann Budd from Favorite Socks

Yarn: Mondial Merino Plus (from the discount section at Hodgepodge Handicrafts in Newport, NH)

Needles: US 7

Mods: Obvious modification was choosing to use worsted-weight wool instead of fingering. I just used the chart in the book to figure out how to do the diagonal cross-ribs. Also, I didn't mirror the ribs. The left-cross twist was (in my opinion) way more difficult that the right-cross twist. Which, I think, makes this a pair of two right socks? Dollar will never know.

I have a wee bit of yarn leftover and I think I'll undo the girly frilly tops of the socks where I cast on and knit up some ribbing. Which should make the socks look a little more professional. I don't know why I completely blanked on the ribbing at the start...

1 comment:

gayle said...

I agree about the twists. I finished the first sock with the right crosses and abandoned the left cross one. The second one just refused to mirror the first and I got aggravated.
So I have 1.1 socks of this pattern done. *sigh*