Tuesday

[amy] General Update

Monster illness came out of nowhere to strike down both Dollar and myself. It was all coughing, sneezing, general confusion and light-headedness, sleeping in until 2 pm, etc. I'm feeling better now but still not back to normal.

Knitting...

I started a striped scarf based on this pattern. I'm using Plymouth Boku in red and blue colorways. I'm knitting the entire thing using Continental and the knit 1, purl 1 is whizzing by. I'm also trying out split splicing (using water, not spit) to join yarn. It's working out really well and I'm psyched to not have a bunch of ends to weave in. Wet splicing might just be my favorite new knitting technique.

I started swatching for a baby hat. I'm going to a baby shower on Feb. 9 and I want to bring a hat and mittens.

Cooking...

This Salmon Chowder was very good. It was a different method for me (Parboiling the potatoes? What?) and I liked the thyme and red pepper flakes. Very interesting.

I went to the Upper Valley Co-op in White River Jct. I usually never go here but decided to stop by. They have no thawed meat but their freezer section has a good selection of local meat (elk, buffalo, venison). I picked up some ground ostrich because I have a thing for exotic meat.

Watching...

LOST, Season 3: Just finished in time for Season 4, premiering next week! I'm so excited!

BBC Planet Earth: This series was so mind-blowingly amazing. I can't recommend it enough.

Cloverfield: Didn't live up to the hype. If you got nauseous from the shaky handy-cam style of Blair Witch, you will hurl at this movie. Dollar had to look away from the movie a few times. I've read countless comments that people had to leave the movie because it was making them sick.

Gilmore Girls, Season 7: Not really into it, just want some closure on the series. It's gotten to the point where I think they're cramming in dialog for the sake of dialog. One funny bit- Lorelai thought Cafe au Lait was actually Spanish, not French: "I thought it was Cafe Ole!, like Coffee All Right!"

2 comments:

Joan said...

I only spit splice anymore. It's speedy and you don't have to get out of the chair to do it. ;-}

Are you finding a zillion knots in your Boku? My pal just finished a beret/tam with it and it's beautiful. Check out My Merino Mantra link on my blog.

Feel better!!

Angela said...

Must.Borrow.Season 1.